tlf-devel

Re: Hamlib keying

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: Re: Hamlib keying
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2021 06:59:58 +0100

Am Mon, 1 Nov 2021 22:36:08 +0100
schrieb Christoph Berg <cb@df7cb.de>:

> Re: Thomas Beierlein
> > Am Fri, 29 Oct 2021 22:40:10 +0200
> > schrieb Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org>:
> > >
> > > \stop_morse was simply not implemented in rigctld yet, but the
> > > patch has already been merged:
> > >
> > > https://github.com/Hamlib/Hamlib/commit/8cba9d7ee939b47dffbf057284d70aefafd65b41
> > >
> > > Christoph
> > >

> > That means the feature will be implemented in coming hamlib version
> > starting from 4.4? So I think we should have it ready for TLF around
> > that time.
>
> The general feature (calling stop_morse) already works, only the
> support in rigctld was missing.

Just made some first tests (TS590S + Hamlib-4.3.1) with mixed results:

- Sending CW per keyer window works as expected.

- Leaving keyer window (ESC) gives me a messsage about missing
  supported for stopping - first time with the default error colors
  (white on blue), after that only black on white.

- The delay after the message maybe a little bit long.

- Sending Fx-messages does not work at all and gives no error or
  warning.

> Earlier this evening I used the patch in the MWC contest both in S&P
> and running mode, and everything seemed ok.

Fine. I think it could need some more tests from different rigs. I can
imagine a period of time during which not all rigs will support
stopping CW. That should be handled more graceful.

> I guess that means I have to write some documentation now :)

At least the keyword needs to be documented in the man page.

73, Tom

--
"Do what is needful!"
Ursula LeGuin: Earthsea