tramp (2.0.26); Buffer of loaded remote file doesn't show up in the for

From: Rainer Thiel
Subject: tramp (2.0.26); Buffer of loaded remote file doesn't show up in the foreground
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 19:24:53 +0100

To: address@hidden
Subject: tramp (2.0.26); Buffer of loaded remote file doesn't show up in the foreground automatically
--text follows this line--

Enter your bug report in this message, including as much detail as you
possibly can about the problem, what you did to cause it and what the
local and remote machines are.

If you can give a simple set of instructions to make this bug happen
reliably, please include those.  Thank you for helping kill bugs in
TRAMP.

Another useful thing to do is to put (setq tramp-debug-buffer t) in
the ~/.emacs file and to repeat the bug.  Then, include the contents
of the *tramp/foo* buffer and the *debug tramp/foo* buffer in your bug
report.

--bug report follows this line--

This is an old problem, of course, and not a serious one once you know
it is there.  However, I still consider it as a bug:  When you load a
file in Emacs, its buffer shows up in the currently active window.  When
I load a remote file into emacs with tramp, its buffer stays in the
background without getting displayed automatically, and I have to
display it manually in a window in the current frame.

I use plink as connection method, and connect from a Windows 98 machine
to whatever machine <www.uni-marburg.de> may be on.  A Unix Server, to
be sure.

But, hey, loading AND saving remote files works very fine, and I am
quite happy with the current version.  Good work, thank you!

I will report this bug as a ceterum censeo as long as it persists or I
get convinced it's a feature, though ...  :))

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 21.2.1 (i386-msvc-windows98.2222)
 of 2002-03-19 on buffy
Package: tramp (2.0.26)

current state:
==============
(setq
 tramp-ls-command nil
 tramp-test-groks-nt nil
 tramp-file-exists-command nil
 tramp-current-multi-method nil
 tramp-current-method nil
 tramp-current-user nil
 tramp-current-host nil
 tramp-auto-save-directory nil
 tramp-default-method "ssh"
 tramp-rsh-end-of-line "\n"
 tramp-password-end-of-line "
\n"
 tramp-remote-path '("/bin" "/usr/bin" "/usr/sbin" "/usr/local/bin"
                     "/usr/ccs/bin" "/local/bin" "/local/freeware/bin"
                     "/local/gnu/bin" "/usr/freeware/bin" "/usr/pkg/bin"
                     "/usr/contrib/bin")
 tramp-login-prompt-regexp ".*ogin: *"
 tramp-password-prompt-regexp "^.*\\([pP]assword\\|passphrase.*\\):

--
Priv.-Doz. Dr. Rainer Thiel
FB 10, Klass. Phil. - D-35032 Marburg, Germany (EU)