rsync over rsh/rcp

From: aaditya sood
Subject: rsync over rsh/rcp
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 07:00:11 -0800 (PST)

hello

Can tramp be made to use rsync over rsh/rcp?

I'm trying to edit rather large files over the network, and with
ange-ftp there is a huge delay every time I save/load the file.
Security is not an issue as this is over a VPN. I tried customizing the
tramp mode and changing ssh to rsh and scp to scp in the rsync method
but it didn't work out :(

Any ideas/suggestions/hints would be greatly appreciated :)

regards
--
aaditya sood