Tramp hangs when saving large files

From: Mujtaba Ali
Subject: Tramp hangs when saving large files
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 18:56:12 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I have recently begun using tramp.  I didn't have any problems at first
since I was opening/saving small files.  When saving files more than a few
hundred bytes, however, tramp will freeze on me.  I have ssh set as my
tramp default method.  The ftp method works fine, but I prefer secure
transfer.  _Opening_ large files works without issue.  It's only saving
that has problems.  Emacs is v21.2 running under RedHat 8.0 (Intel) and the
remote host is a Tru64/OSF/Alpha machine.  Here is the message I receive
when tramp hangs:

tramp: Waiting for remote host to process data...

Any hints on how to resolve this problem?

-- Mujtaba Ali