Re: info manual fails to build

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: info manual fails to build
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 11:30:39 +0200

Matt Swift <address@hidden> writes:

Hi,

(sorry for the late reply; I was on the road last week.)

> I am doing
>
>     configure --prefix=blah --with-lispdir=blah
>
> as has always worked up until the change above:

You've taken Tramp from the CVS. According to the INSTALL, this case
you need to perform "autoconf" as first step, in order to get an
up-to-date configure script.

And that's excactly what happened:

>     configure: Tramp 2.0.31

configure script was produced for Tramp 2.0.31

>     checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
>     checking for emacs... emacs
>     checking for the Emacs flavor... emacs
>     checking for makeinfo... makeinfo
>     checking for reasonable makeinfo version... ok
>     checking for texi2dvi... texi2dvi
>     checking for reasonable texi2dvi version... ok
>     checking prefix... /usr/local

Oops. Prefix should be "blah". Have you called this one with the
"--prefix=blah" option?

>     checking datadir... ${prefix}/share
>     checking lispdir... /usr/local/share/emacs/current/site-lisp/tramp

Same for lispdir.

>     checking infodir... $(prefix)/info
>     configure: creating ./config.status
>     config.status: creating Makefile
>     config.status: creating contrib/Makefile
>     config.status: creating lisp/Makefile
>     config.status: creating lisp/trampver.el
>     config.status: creating texi/Makefile
>     config.status: creating texi/trampver.texi
>     autoconf --trace=AC_INIT
>     configure.ac:33:AC_INIT:Tramp:2.0.33:address@hidden

autoconf has been called (from make) automatically for Tramp 2.0.33
due to dependencies. But it was too late; your configure script did
run already, and it didn't take into account recent changes.

If you rerun "./configure; make" everything should be fine now. But
very likely you've figured it out yourself already ...