Re: Running tramp under cygwin

From: Peter Woo
Subject: Re: Running tramp under cygwin
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 04:26:41 +0800

I am running cygwin (1.5.9 dll) and cygwin emacs (21.2) and tramp works kind of out of the box already. All features work without special configuration except some glitches (but fixed on the CVS version) on save-to-backup. Perhaps you might want to try with a clean .emacs or check ssh standalone first?

Cheers,
P.

Jian Li wrote:

Hi, does anyone know how to configure the tramp under cygwin. Because I compiled the tramp-2.0.39 in the windows system, and using the same configure in linux, however, it didn't work, but this configure work well on linux. When I start the ntemacs, and ssh:address@hidden:, tramp said waiting 60s for the shell prompt, but I'm sure the tramp received the package from the ssh server. Does anyone konw what's the problem? Thank you.