tramp.el (tramp-open-connection-setup-interactive-shell):

From: Tim Connors
Subject: tramp.el (tramp-open-connection-setup-interactive-shell):
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 16:51:39 +1000 (EST)

2004-04-07  Kai Grossjohann  <address@hidden>

        * tramp.el (tramp-open-connection-setup-interactive-shell):
        Revert weird EOL setting for first stty command (change from
        2004-03-30).

Hmmm - seems to have b0rked logging in:

$ unset correct
unset correct
$$ unset autocorrect
unset autocorrect
$$ exec env 'ENV=' 'PS1=$ ' /bin/sh
# Waiting 30s for remote `/bin/sh' to come up...
exec env 'ENV=' 'PS1=$ ' /bin/sh
$ exec env 'ENV=' 'PS1=$ ' /bin/sh
$ # Setting up remote shell environment
$ stty -inlcr -echo kill '^U'

stty -inlcr -echo kill '^U'
$ $ $ [[Regexp `\(^[^#$%>
]*[#$%>] *\|^[^#$%>
]*[#$%>] *\([[0-9;]*[a-zA-Z] *\)*\)\'' not found in 30 secs]]

If I log in manually, and exec sh, and perform the stty command, everytime
I press enter, another $ comes out without a newline - which could be the
intended results.
`echo asd` also prints out "asd" and a newline.

Unforuntaly, I can't understand the intention of that regexp, so no idea
myself...

It typically takes 25-30 gallons of petrol/diesel to fully-consume an
average-sized body under ideal conditions.  That I am conversant with
this level of detail should serve as an indication of why the wise man
does not ask me questions about MS-Windows. --Tanuki on ASR