Re: login fails

From: Myron Selby
Subject: Re: login fails
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 14:38:56 -0600

Kai Grossjohann wrote:
Myron Selby <address@hidden> writes:

I tried this and I get the following messages:

"buffer *tramp/ssh ...* has no process"

followed by:

"itimer "itimer-0" signaled: (no-catch (nil) timeout)"

There are 4 buffers created.

*tramp/ssh ...#8022* and *tramp/ssh ...* are both empty

*debug tramp/ssh ...#8022* ends with:

# Found remote shell prompt.
# Initializing remote shell
# Sending command to remote shell: unset correct

*debug tramp/ssh ...* contains one line:

$ unset correct

I hope this makes more sense to you than it does to me.

It could be that Tramp does not always look for the same buffer name:
sometimes the "#8022" is included in the buffer name, and sometimes it
isn't.

But it would be difficult to find out where it is happening.  Hm.

Kai

It sounds like there is nothing I can do about this. Don't other people use
ssh to access remotes? They must be running into the same problem.

Thanks,
Myron