Re: login fails

From: Myron Selby
Subject: Re: login fails
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 11:05:51 -0600

Kai,

You sir are a genius and a life saver. This works perfectly now.

Thank you, thank you, thank you,
Myron

Kai Grossjohann wrote:

Myron Selby <address@hidden> writes:

It sounds like there is nothing I can do about this. Don't other people use
ssh to access remotes? They must be running into the same problem.

I think specifying the port in the filename is rather unusual, this
would explain why others haven't seen the problem.

It now occurs to me that you can also specify the port in the ssh
configuration.  For example, consider the following ~/.ssh/config
snippet:

Host foo
   HostName foobar.somedomain.tld
   Port 4711

Then, specifying "foo" as the hostname will cause ssh to contact the
host foobar.somedomain.tld on port 4711.

Does this help, as a workaround?

Kai