Re: tramp (2.1.7-pre); tramp 2.1.7-pre: vc-file-clearprops: Wrong type a

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: tramp (2.1.7-pre); tramp 2.1.7-pre: vc-file-clearprops: Wrong type argument
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 12:35:19 +0200

Toni Schmidbauer <address@hidden> writes:

> i tried the cvs version of tramp, but still get the same error message.
> strange thing is,
> it worked the first time, but now even after i restart emacs, i get the
> vc-file-clearprops
> error.

Hmm, according to the traces, there is still the same error (shell function
not sent before used).

"Worked the first time" is obvious, because the problem is related to
cached values.

Could you, please, double-check whether you have the latest tramp.el?
Which CVS version has it? Is there an older tramp.elc file? Is there
another tramp.el in the load-path (M-x list-load-path-shadows)?

Sorry for the stupid questions, but I _believe_ it should have been fixed.