Re: small fix required in tramp.el for solaris

From: Gilles Pion
Subject: Re: small fix required in tramp.el for solaris
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 01:34:09 -0700 (PDT)

> I'm not confident whether this could have side effects on other
> platforms.  What about quoting the expression (does it work for you?):

It works, but I'm afraid that in this version, the sed command has non
effect on the "uname" output:

1st version gives:
"SunOS 5.9"
2nd one give :
SunOS 5.9
(without the quotes)

If the purpose is to add double quotes around uname output why not simply
use:
echo \"`uname -sr`\"
ie
vec "echo \\\"`uname -sr`\\\" 2>/dev/null"