Re: tramp (2.1.7); tramp remotely corrupts files

From: Alex V. Koval
Subject: Re: tramp (2.1.7); tramp remotely corrupts files
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 09:31:36 +0300

Heow Eide-Goodman wrote:
It's been driving me nuts that Tramp has been corrupting remote files,
even with the latest CVS version.  :-(  Tramp successfully reads the
remote file, but when it's saved it looks ok in Tramp, but is corrupted
on the target host.
I also confirm - sometimes (in ange_ftp) saved file gets additional characters at the beginning or at the end of file. I can see those characters in Emacs, and can
remove them. But designers working with me on Windows computers do not see
those characters so they are unhappy. not sure how to reproduce it - it happens
once a week may be...