Line ending problem

From: Björn Lindström
Subject: Line ending problem
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 09:59:47 +0200

I'm using TRAMP with several remote hosts where I run zsh with no
trouble. However, one I've recently started using (a Debian system) is
giving me some headache.

To make it easy for TRAMP my zsh prompt is set to "% " on dumb
terminals, which usually works.

What seems to mess things up here is that I for some reason get
non-Un*x line endings.

Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution for it?

This is what I see in the *tramp/ssh fyodor.hcoop.net* buffer:

Linux fyodor.hcoop.net 2.4.31-doc0 #1 Sat Aug 6 21:57:47 EDT 2005 i686 GNU/Linux

| Welcome to Fyodor, HCoop's main server.                               |
| Unauthorized access is prohibited.                                    |
| For more information, try:                                            |
|  - Our public wiki: http://wiki.hcoop.net/                            |
|  - Our member portal: https://members.hcoop.net/                      |
| To authenticate for the latter site, you need to run the              |
| webpasswd command line program now. Then you can authenticate on the  |
| web site with your UNIX username and chosen web password.             |
Last login: Sun Oct 22 03:35:58 2006 from nl104-215-141.student.uu.se^M
%
^M^M%

(Where ^M are literal ^Ms.)