Re: Tramp Error

From: Zhang
Subject: Re: Tramp Error
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 17:21:55 EST

In a message dated 1/25/2007 4:38:52 PM Eastern Standard Time, address@hidden writes:
If you set the variable `tramp-persistency-file-name' to nil, Tramp
won't write that file. IIRC.

Anyway, I have seen in the first traces you've sent that the problem
happened after a call of "df" on the remote host, which fails due to
wrong path name. Could you confirm that the problem happens always in
this case only? I know it is hard to test ...

Alternatively, it could help if you keep the trace level, and if you
save the trace files in case of problems. I'ld like to see whether
there is a command sequence pattern which causes the error.
I can get it to fail quite often (every few days during my normal use). Debug is on. Will send you the trace once it happens.

Thanks!

Zhihong