Re: [tramp-devel] Trying to debug remote gdb issue

From: Abhijeet More
Subject: Re: [tramp-devel] Trying to debug remote gdb issue
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 16:11:53 -0400

On 10/15/07, Michael Albinus <address@hidden> wrote:
[snip]
> See (info "(elisp)Magic File Names") for the mechanism behind.

Does this stack (partial) make sense to anyone?

  (....)
  (save-match-data (let* (... ... ...) (with-parsed-tramp-file-name
filename nil ...)))
  tramp-file-name-handler(file-exists-p
"/scp:address@hidden:/home/a/abhijeet/src/langtrials/sizeof.c")
  file-exists-p("sizeof.c")
  (...edebug related functions ....)
  gdb-info-breakpoints-custom()
  gdb-info-breakpoints-handler()
  gdb-prompt("")
  (...)

How would file-exists-p("sizeof.c") trigger tramp-file-name-handler? -
I don't think it would match any regexp over here.
This is the only difference I see in the way file-exists-p is called
for the source buffer and the breakpoints buffer. The source buffer
contains the full local file name i.e.:
/home/a/abhijeet/src/langtrials/sizeof.c .
The file-exists-p in that case evals to a nil (without a call to
tramp-handle-file-exists-p).
Abhijeet