Error exit status of test

From: Adam Jenkins
Subject: Error exit status of test
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 10:32:05 -0500

I'm trying to connect to a Solaris box (SunOS 5.9). Until recently
I've been able to connect using scpx. Today, that failed. I'm getting
the following errors?

I've removed my .bash_rc .profile .bash_aliases in attempt to fix the problem.

Tramp: Opening connection for removed.com using scp...
Tramp: Waiting 60s for local shell to come up...
Tramp: Sending command `ssh removed.com   -q -e none && exit || exit'
Tramp: Waiting for prompts from remote shell
Tramp: Sending password
Tramp: Found remote shell prompt on `removed.com'
File error: Couldn't find exit status of `test -e /usr5'
tramp-send-command-and-check: Couldn't find exit status of `test -e /usr5'