Re: Tramp misunderstanding AFS ACLs

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Tramp misunderstanding AFS ACLs
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 21:37:04 +0200

Steven Hirsch <address@hidden> writes:

> Short of having tramp be smart enough to read and understand AFS ACLs,
> would it be possible to add a toggle that tells it not to draw any
> assumptions based on Unix bits?  If the user truly has no write
> access, it will subsquently fail anyway and it would be their problem
> at that point.

I could have a look on this, but I have no remote system available,
running AFS.

Anyway, one would need a mapping of AFS ACLs into file permission bits,
because that's what `file-attributes' asks for. Returning stupid
"-rwxrwxrwx" does not look like a clever solution; I see the wave of bug
reports rolling on.