Re: Problem saving modified tramp buffers

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Problem saving modified tramp buffers
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 15:09:28 +0100

Martin Apel <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi all,

Hi,

[Sorry for the delay, I was offline for some days]

> I'm experiencing a problem with not being able to save buffers using
> tramp anymore. This used to work before, and I suspect
> that the network configuration changed somehow, which now irritates
> tramp, so it cannot save anymore. But this may also be
> a wrong track.

I don't believe so. Tramp tries to open the connection "/scp:address@hidden:",
which simply does not exist.

>From the traces it is not clear why it does. My guess is that you have
set a wrong backup directory name or something like this.

You can test this by starting "emacs -Q", and checking whether there are
still problems.