Re: default remote shell in tramp

From: Vinh Nguyen
Subject: Re: default remote shell in tramp
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 16:07:31 -0700

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 5:48 AM, Michael Albinus <address@hidden> wrote:
> Sorry, but this doesn't tell me anything. Could you, please, start a
> fresh Emacs, apply the patch above, set tramp-verbose to 10, and show
> the *complete* debug buffer after the run? Then I could follow the
> commands Tramp is sending.
>
> Best regards, Michael.

apologies.

here is what i have in .emacs after applying the patch:
(add-to-list 'load-path "~/Downloads/tramp/lisp")
(require 'tramp)
(setq tramp-default-method "ssh")
(setcdr (assoc 'tramp-remote-sh (assoc "ssh" tramp-methods))
'("/bin/bash"))
(setq tramp-verbose 10)

attached is the debug output (sorry i couldn't copy and paste
everything due to the non-printing characters).