Re: file-exists-p can return t when file doesn't exist

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: file-exists-p can return t when file doesn't exist
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2010 15:35:19 +0200

Leo <address@hidden> writes:

> The official magit repo is http://github.com/philjackson/magit.
>
> magit.el has split into many files since. I have attached a copy before
> the split to this message.
>
> Is the following evaluation still true?

Thanks. Yes, my statements are still true; magit uses even more
asynchronous processes now.

>> I have no good idea how to solve it. One could set a process sentinel,
>> but this will be overwritten, if the process owner sets an own sentinel,
>> like it is done in `magit-run*'.

And this is still true as well :-(

As workaround, one could add the following lines in `magit-process-sentinel',
inside the `with-current-buffer' form (untested):

  (with-parsed-tramp-file-name default-directory nil
    (tramp-flush-directory-property v (file-name-directory localname)))

But this would be a crude hack.