Re: tramp (2.1.18-23.2); (wrong-type-argument numberp 0_ech) in tramp-ba

From: Łukasz Stelmach
Subject: Re: tramp (2.1.18-23.2); (wrong-type-argument numberp 0_ech) in tramp-barf-unless-okay
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2010 15:03:03 +0100

> Łukasz Stelmach <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> Set tramp-verbose to 6, rerun your test, and check Tramp's debug buffer
>>> for "tramp-handle-vc-registered".
>>
>> No sign of that, although everything seems to be in the right place.
>>
>> Is it possible that some change in how org-mode uses tramp (however, i
>> think it does not use it directly) could have affected that?
>
> No idea, what org-mode does.

Org-mode uses tramp for "publishing" to a remote server. You set up a
"project" (a set of files), configure a destination (local
"/var/www/mypage" or remote "/ssh:wwwserver:~/public_html") and the push
a button "publish" and all (modified) files get copied.

> However, if you have opened a remote file in org-mode, you might check
> variable `vc-handled-backends'. If it is nil, vc has been disabled
> somewhere.

Org-mode does not touch vc-handled-backends in any way (no sign of the
variable in the code).

The remote copy of my file isn't, and never has been, under VC, only the
local one.

OK, I will watch for any anomalies about it, for now everything works
fine for me :-)

--
Miłego dnia,
Łukasz Stelmach