Re: 'exec /bin/bash --login' in ~/.profile

From: Marc Girod
Subject: Re: 'exec /bin/bash --login' in ~/.profile
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 14:26:39 +0000 (UTC)

Michael Albinus <michael.albinus <at> gmx.de> writes:

> Back in November there was already a discussion about this issue. See
> <http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.tramp/7527/focus=7527>

OK!
Your my-remote-shell (which I renamed shell-remote to find it back
with shell), plus Christian's .emacs_bash, plus tramp-remote-path,
plus my exec, and things start shining!

If I dare... any way to get signals delivered to the remote command?

I saw also eshell, and there may be a track to explore.
But I also have to do some work...

Thanks!
Marc