Re: Secrets API "login" session is now "Login"?

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Secrets API "login" session is now "Login"?
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 22:11:13 +0100

Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> writes:

> MA> I'm running an up-to-date Ubuntu 10.10. In secrets.el, I see
>
> MA>    (secrets-get-alias "default")
> MA>     => "login"
>
> MA> Maybe you have changed the default alias via `secrets-set-alias'?
>
> No, I'm sure.
>
> (secrets-get-alias "default")
> => nil
>
> (secrets-list-collections)
> => ("session" "Login")

What do you get with (secrets-get-collections) ?

> MA> Anyway, I recommend to use the collection returned by (secrets-get-alias
> MA> "default"). There's is no need to hardwire it as "login".
>
> We use "Login" in many of the examples.  I wanted a collection that may
> actually have entries from other programs.  It's just puzzling that
> "login" worked until recently and seahorse still says "login".

Do you have another gnome-keyring incarnation running? Is there another
ofd.secrets service running, like kwallet? Are seahorse and Emacs using
the same D-Bus session bus?

Maybe you trace D-Bus messages with dbus-monitor, in both cases (opening
seahorse, using secrets.el).