Re: how to get bash_profile out of the way?

From: Rodrigo Amestica
Subject: Re: how to get bash_profile out of the way?
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2012 08:02:26 -0400

On Tue, 05 Jun 2012 12:34:05 +0200,
Michael Albinus <address@hidden> wrote:
> Rodrigo Amestica <address@hidden> writes:
>> Hello Michael,

> Hi Rodrigo,

>> I tried to understand the problem in the output, but it did not result
>> clear to me. The output has 152 lines (included below.) First line
>> includes emacs and tramp versions.
>>
>> ;; GNU Emacs: 23.3.1 Tramp: 2.1.20 -*- mode: outline; -*-

> I see. I could reproduce the problem with these Emacs/Tramp versions. And
> I even remember it vaguely :-)

> This problem is solved in Tramp 2.2. Either you upgrade to Emacs 24.1
> (including Tramp 2.2.3), which is expected to be released next days. Or
> you install the recent Tramp 2.2.5, keeping Emacs 23.3. I've checked
> with both Emacs/Tramp constellations, no problem there.

I really appreciate your time looking into my report.

I have updated to 2.2.5 and now it works better, but there is still
one artifact. My prompt consists of two lines: path to current
directory followed by a new-line character and then followed by the
more standard 'VER address@hidden >' (whence VER is the value of an
environment variable that remembers me my application version).

I do not see my bash_profile salute anymore, but the first line of the
command output is preceded (in the same line in the buffer) by the
second line of my prompt, and F12 or mouse clicking would not work on
it (e.g. when the command was grep).

I'm sure this was working just fine a month or two ago, then I needed to
reinstall my OS distribution and got into this situation.

thanks again,
 Rodrigo