Re: Connect to the ssh and execute any command

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Connect to the ssh and execute any command
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 12:40:23 +0200

Andrey Tykhonov <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Andrey,

>> Well, looks also good. I will add both alternatives (perl-based and
>> python-based) to Tramp. When finished, I'll ask you for test :-)
>
> Looking forward for these changes!

I have committed a respective patch to Tramp's repository. I couldn't
use Python's os.getlogin(), because Tramp has no terminal when connected
to the remote host. So I have used pwd.getpwuid(os.getuid())[0]

Cloning of Tramp from the git repository is described in
<http://www.gnu.org/software/tramp/#Obtaining-Tramp>. Your local manual
might be out-of-date; likely it describes downloading via cvs, which is
not supported anymore.