Re: tramp 2.26 emacs 24.3 plink

From: MM
Subject: Re: tramp 2.26 emacs 24.3 plink
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 20:09:57 +0100

On 15 September 2014 19:01, Michael Albinus <address@hidden> wrote:
> MM <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> At that point there's no reference to plink anymore. And a ftp is
>> lauched which obviously fails.
>>
>> (require 'tramp)  ;; uses 2.2.9 now
>> (require 'tramp-sh)
>> (setq tramp-verbose 6)
>> (defconst my-tramp-prompt-regexp
>>   (concat (regexp-quote "Host:") "\\s-*")
>>   "Regular expression matching my login prompt question.")
>> (defun my-tramp-action (proc vec)
>>   "Enter the host name in order to give a correct answer."
>>   (save-window-excursion
>>     (with-current-buffer (tramp-get-connection-buffer vec)
>>       (tramp-message vec 6 "\n%s" (buffer-string))
>>       (tramp-send-string vec "host"))))
>> (add-to-list 'tramp-actions-before-shell
>>               '(my-tramp-prompt-regexp my-tramp-action))
>
> Did you open "/plink:address@hidden:"? ftp shall not be seen then.

Of course I didn't!!!! I'm sorry.
Ok, I put back the proxy list section, because that's where I put in
the gateway.
It hangs after logging in final host and warning:
Couldnt find remote shell which groks tilde expansion, using sh
and then hangs forever. (plink subprocess still running)
tramp debug attached.

> And when yo have copied the 2.2.9 *.el files, likely the generated
> tramp-loaddefs.el does not fit.
I haven't copied. I've just compiled tramp 2.2.9 in its downloaded
directory with  M-: (byte-recompile-directory "where your new tramp
is" 0) and   (add-to-list 'load-path "where the new tramp is")  before
the require tramp.