Re: tramp 2.26 emacs 24.3 plink

From: MM
Subject: Re: tramp 2.26 emacs 24.3 plink
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 16:55:06 +0100

On 19 September 2014 10:36, Michael Albinus <address@hidden> wrote:
> MM <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Also, with M-x compile, i actually need to do remotely:    "cd <dir>
>> && ./build.sh"
>> So change to some dir and start a script that will launch the compiler.
>>
>> But then cd is interpreted as local cd, not remote cd.
>
> How do you call "cd"? From the minibuffer? Then you would need to give
> the whole Tramp name. From a *shell* buffer? Then it should work. From
> an *eshell* buffer? Then you would need the Tramp name as well.
>
> In order to avoid this struggle, it is recommend to use relative file
> names. Something like "cd ../../src".

I have tried:
M-x compile
In minibuffer:  cd /plink:..:<pathToGoTo>  && ./build.sh
It failed because the sh shell actually tried to find the /plink directory

Then I tried
M-x compile
cd <pathToGoTo> && ./build.sh

Then it failed with:
No such dir found via CDPATH env variable (I assume this is my local
windows box)

MM