Re: No POSIX "id" command, but have "gid" - how to use that?

From: Yuji Yamano
Subject: Re: No POSIX "id" command, but have "gid" - how to use that?
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 11:14:26 +0900 (JST)

Which version of emacs do you use?

I had a quick look at emacs 24.3. "id" is hard coded in tramp-get-remote-id.
You might want to override the function.

(defun tramp-get-remote-id (vec)
  (with-tramp-connection-property vec "id"
    (tramp-message vec 5 "Finding POSIX `id' command")
    (or
     (catch 'id-found
       (let ((dl (tramp-get-remote-path vec))
             result)
         (while (and dl (setq result (tramp-find-executable vec "id" dl t t)))
           ;; Check POSIX parameter.
           (when (tramp-send-command-and-check vec (format "%s -u" result))
             (throw 'id-found result))
           (setq dl (cdr dl)))))
     (tramp-error vec 'file-error "Couldn't find a POSIX `id' command"))))

--
Yuji Yamano