Re: Enable adb port in tramp adb

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Enable adb port in tramp adb
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 17:08:53 +0200

Ashi <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Zhongwei,

> The patch is updated based on your comments.

Thanks. I'm on a business trip just now, so I could only read the patch
and check whether it compiles. No chance for me to test during the next
2 weeks.

> This patch is only tested by hand. I tried to run "make check", but
> there are many cases fails (26/35 fails) on current master. What can I
> do for this?

If you want to use "make check", you must set a proper
$REMOTE_TEMPORARY_FILE_DIRECTORY. This must be a directory where Tramp
has *write* permissions. Which value did you use?

You can also load test/tramp-tests.el into a buffer and evaluate
it. When you then call "M-x ert", the tests run interactively. You could
use Emacs' edebug in order to see what happens.

>  lisp/tramp-adb.el | 18 ++++++++++++++----
>  1 file changed, 14 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

Well, the patch fits perfectly into Emacs "tiny change" policy. This
policy means you are allowed to provide patches up to 15 lines without
signing the legal FSF papers.

However, this would prevent you from submitting further patches towards
Tramp (or Emacs at all). Would you be willing to sign the FSF papers?