dns hijack v.s. tramp

From: Ben Hyde
Subject: dns hijack v.s. tramp
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2016 12:33:04 -0400

This morning when I went to start up emacs it hung. It was loading tramp. It was doing (defcustom tramp-ssh-controlmaster-options … (call-process "ssh" nil t nil "-o" "ControlPath=%C" "host.does.not.exist”) …)

Today’s ISP cheerfully resolves host.does.not.exist to the IP address of their little search engine. I presume they are hoping to convert user typo’s into revenue.

Maybe add -o ConnectTimout=… or something?

ps. thanks for tramp, it’s a wonder.