Re: Bug when connecting to busybox sh

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Bug when connecting to busybox sh
Date: Sat, 21 May 2016 09:56:46 +0200

Matthías Páll Gissurarson <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Matthias,

> i.e. to change the regex so that it allows control sequences at the
> end of the line (as well as the beginning).
>
> I know this should rightfully be fixed in busybox itself, but I fail
> see why this fix couldn't be added to tramp itself, seeing as this
> might be a common error.

People, including me, acess busyboxes via Tramp for years. I haven't
seen this reported so far.

So I'm not convinced (yet) that it is a common busybox error we have to
live with. Could you pls tell which busybox version is involved?

Could you show a Tramp debug buffer (produced with tramp-verbose 10),
which includes the problem, i.e., produced with an unpatched Tramp?

Is it possible to share the docker image, that I can try to reproduce
the bug?

TIA, and best regards, Michael.