Re: tramp (2.3.3.26.1); Faild savid file under su which located in other

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: tramp (2.3.3.26.1); Faild savid file under su which located in other partision
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2018 20:01:19 +0200

Роберт Севумян <address@hidden> writes:

> Michael, hello.

Hi Robert,

> #Failed operation
> address@hidden /]# cp -f -p /tmp/tramp.test.conf
> /boot/EFI/refind/refind.conf
> cp: failed to preserve ownership '/boot/EFI/refind/refind.conf':
> Permission denied
>
> My boot sector is in vfat format:
> # /dev/sda1 LABEL=ESP UUID=AA28-199A /boot vfat
>
> May be this is an cause of the problem?

Yes.

> Idea was taken form here:
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/23520744/cp-failed-to-preserve-ownership-error-when-mounted-manually

Well, it looks like you need to play with different mount options. Since
the cp command fails also on shell level, there's nothing Tramp could
do. Sorry.

If you have some more sensible arguments for the cp command which would
work, you might contact us again. We'll find a way then how to convince
Tramp to use such changed arguments.