supposed "Directory has changed on disk; type g to update Dired"

From: 積丹尼 Dan Jacobson
Subject: supposed "Directory has changed on disk; type g to update Dired"
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2018 20:50:50 +0800

Reading
(info "(tramp) Frequently Asked Questions")
In .emacs I did
(setq
 remote-file-name-inhibit-cache 3600
 tramp-completion-reread-directory-timeout 3600)
and restarted emacs.

Alas, I still get lots of
"Directory has changed on disk; type g to update Dired"
messages.
I even took an (ASCII) snapshot and compared before and after... no change!

Therefore,

1. The message should say
"Directory **might have** changed on disk; type g to update Dired"
instead.

2. Also do document how to stop it. Nothing except me is changing
anything there.