Re: Rclone?

From: Matt M
Subject: Re: Rclone?
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2018 23:25:24 +0000

Michael,

> I have installed rclone locallyon my Ubuntu machine, and I have
> configured my Google Drive as "gmane". Now I'm able to visit inside
> Emacs "C-x C-f /rclone:gdrive:", which opens a dired buffer. And so on.

Wow!  You were so quick!

When I try to open one of my rclone remotes in the same fashion, I get errors
related to `group-name'.

(I'm running emacs 26.1 on a mac.)

I notice that `tramp.el' _conditionally_ uses group-name, where
`tramp-rclone.el' does _not_ check for its existence before using it.   Is this
intentional?

Also, based on a quick code inspection, I may need GVfs on my machine to run
this, right?  Macos doesn't provide for GVfs, so far as I know.

I guess the easiest way to test/develop would be to use a VM or container
running Linux with gnome installed, and run the development versions of both
emacs and tramp?  Or, is there an easier way?

Thanks!
-- Matt