Filter out ../ and ./ in remote filename completion?

From: Fredrik Salomonsson
Subject: Filter out ../ and ./ in remote filename completion?
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2019 14:04:19 -0800

Hi,

Not sure this is the right mailing list or not. I use tramp quite extensively for doing remote work. It works great but there is one minor annoyance with it. Using `find-file', the completion on remote hosts include "../" and "./". Which is quite annoying when navigation directories that only contains one directory. These are not included when navigating locally.

Is there a way to filter out "../" and "./" in the completion list? Or a setting for it in tramp? I checked the manual for tramp but that only mentioned completion for host and users. Or at least that what I could find. Only thing I found was `completion-regexp-list' in emacs' elisp manual, but that seems include all completion so that seems too low level for my need.

The behavior is the same when I tested with emacs -Q.

(emacs-version)
"GNU Emacs 26.3 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.10)
 of 2019-08-29"
tramp: 2.3.5.26.3

Thanks

--