Faster start-file-process?

From: Philipp Stephani
Subject: Faster start-file-process?
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 09:55:06 +0100

Hi,

I managed to speed up start-file-process for SSH by a factor of 500
(on my machine) by enabling SSH control mode in ~/.ssh/config and then
just calling
(start-process name buffer "ssh" program args).
Such a speedup is crucial for using start-file-process for truly
asynchronous operations that may not block, e.g., Flymake backends.
Are there any downsides to my approach? Would if be possible to
include it in Tramp itself?

Thanks,
Philipp