Re: Eglot and Tramp

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Eglot and Tramp
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 15:18:39 +0200

João Távora <joaotavora@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Michael,

Hi João,

> [ Felipe, I don't subscribe to tramp-devel, so please next time CC me in
> these emails so that we try to fill in the blanks when there's something
> not quite clear ]

Or write an Emacs bug report, if several packages are involved.

> Thanks for looking into this.  I fully understand avoiding the complex
> setup, so I've put together a small Elisp program that you can run from
> Emacs -Q.

Thanks! It was very helpful. I've pushed a fix to master, which ought to
cure this.

> There are two tests you can do within eglot-tramp.el: one using the
> usual "cat" program, the other one is more interesting and requires that
> you download "clangd", an LSP server ('sudo apt install clangd' will
> probably do).
>
> But if you don't want to do that (download "clangd"), any program that
> spits out stdout and stderr should have the same effect.

I've tried both test cases. The clangd variant was a little bit tricky,
because I had to use Fedora's snap installer, and to adapt my remote
$PATH. And the installed clangd didn't return proper messages to my
eyes, but it returned stdout and stderr - all what I need for testing :-)

Could you pls check?