Re: Can't deal with files with U+1F308 RAINBOW in their name

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Can't deal with files with U+1F308 RAINBOW in their name
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2020 13:37:22 +0200

積丹尼 Dan Jacobson <jidanni@jidanni.org> writes:

Hi Dan,

> Well, maybe adb, with its powerful backup and pull commands,
> needs to have a file listing command, (made from components used in its
> backup command), e.g., for the case of a phone with no ls command.
>
> If this is the case maybe you folks should tell the Android people.
>
> I don't suppose Tramp should push its own toybox ls command and then run
> that...

I have asked on SX:
<https://android.stackexchange.com/questions/226638/how-to-use-multibyte-file-names-in-adb-shell>.
 Maybe
there will be an answer.

Furthermore, if using the adb shell not interactively, but from my GNU/Linux
shell, it seems to work:

$ adb shell ls -1 -d -l /sdcard/tmp/\U+1F308.gpx
-rw-rw---- 1 root sdcard_rw 9 2020-07-08 13:26 /sdcard/tmp/🌈.gpx

Maybe I can write something around this.