Re: Check if file exists and ask before fetching, when copying

From: 積丹尼 Dan Jacobson
Subject: Re: Check if file exists and ask before fetching, when copying
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2020 20:47:17 +0800

MA> That isn't Tramp, but dired. Tramp implements `copy-file'. It always
MA> checks first, whether the target file exists.

OK but how about when copying files from the adb: device to the local
machine?

If the local file exists already, we shouldn't see any "Fetching" before
asking if we want to overwrite.

Or OK, this "fetching" is maybe composed of two phases, checking if the
file exists, then actually fetching it? So it would be better to show
more precise messages?