Re: tramp (2.4.3.27.1 nil/nil); emacs stuck

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: tramp (2.4.3.27.1 nil/nil); emacs stuck
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2020 10:53:31 +0100

[You still haven't tramp-devel@gnu.org in Cc. Please use a "Reply All"
or similar button in your mail client.]

杨达 <foshan-yewen@qq.com> writes:

> Hi,

Hi yda,

> Emacs hangs when using tramp to access files in remote host with
> PuTTy.
>
> After entering username and password, emacs will ask me if I want to
> save the configuration in a file, in the minibuffer.
>
> Emacs tells me to press `y/n/N/e/?` but none of these keys seems to
> have any effect, emacs hangs after this minibuffer pops up.
>
> I have to use `C-g` to make it responsive again.
>
> Is this because I was doing it the wrong way? Or a bug in the
> tramp/Emacs/PuTTY/Windows 10 package?

Thanks, I've seen what happens.

> In the first case, please point me to the right direction.

Well, at the time Emacs hangs you are communicating with the
auth-source package. I don't know why it fails in your case, and I
don't run MS Windows for tests (I'm running GNU/Linux, and there this works).

What is the value of the `auth-sources' variable? Do you use the
auth-source package. If not, does it help to set `auth-sources' to nil?