Trouble connecting from Debian to FreeBSD

From: Steffen Rick
Subject: Trouble connecting from Debian to FreeBSD
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2021 20:12:55 +0000

Hi,

I have an odd case where I'm unable to connect to my Freebsd server
from my Debian desktop. Locally on the Debian box /ssh:: works
fine. Same goes for the FreeBSD server making a local /ssh::
connection. .emacs file only contains

(setq tramp-verbose 6)

The connection seems to break just after or during the stty setup:

13:03:24.201633 tramp-maybe-open-connection (3) # Opening connection for
srick@gefjun using ssh...failed

I've put up the entire log of the session on

http://files.hzn.srick.org/web/tramp.debug

Would be great if someone more knowledgeable than me could help trying
to figure out what is wrong here.

Tramp version is the one that is built into the Emacs that ships with
Debian:

Emacs 27.1 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.24, cairo version
1.16.0)
tramp              2.4.3         built-in

Any help appreciated!

Regards,
Steffen