trans-coord-devel

Re: The `sync' rule is not robust; expected to fail tonight

From: Kaloian Doganov
Subject: Re: The `sync' rule is not robust; expected to fail tonight
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 16:21:53 +0200

Yavor Doganov <address@hidden> writes:

    OK to commit this quick "fix"?

I think the warning must go to stdout with the rest of the messages, not
mailed explicitly.  All of the output is mailed to the list anyway, and
we are reading it.

Explicit mailing of individual messages is risky.  Someone might run
`make sync' on her local machine by accident and flood the mailing list
with a lot of messages.

Also, the warning message could be prefixed with "warning:" to catch
one's eye:

   echo "warning: $$file is missing in www; update the variable?"

I suggest "update the variable" to end with question mark as a
suggestion, not as an imperative instruction.  The responsible person
must perform an investigation before deciding what is the right thing to
do.