txr-users

Re: [Txr-users] txr segfaults on startup, Mac OSX 10.6

From: Kaz Kylheku
Subject: Re: [Txr-users] txr segfaults on startup, Mac OSX 10.6
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2011 21:40:14 -0800

On Mon, 5 Dec 2011 21:25:06 -0700, Andy Wildenberg
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm running OSX 10.6 on a Core Duo with the standard dev packages
> installed, and I'm having trouble building a functional txr.  I tried
> both txr-045 and txr-devel and in both cases I get a clean build but a
> segfault on launch.  When I run it through gdb, it shows what looks
> like infinite recursion.
>
> My build process was just
>
>   ./configure
>   make
>   make tests

Hi Andy,

Can you post your config.make, and more importantly config.h?

It's possible that something is not configured properly.

I have a hard time believing that the length of a string is
not in the range NUM_MIN to NUM_MAX, even in this recursive
fault.

Perhaps NUM_MIN and NUM_MAX are themselves garbage.

Correct behavior starts with a sane build configuration.

Thanks.