uisp-dev

[Uisp-dev] Possible bug for AT89S5x

From: Sienczak, Ondrej
Subject: [Uisp-dev] Possible bug for AT89S5x
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 10:22:16 +0100

Hi all,

    I have tried to flash chip AT89S52 using STK200 programmer without
success. After some investigation I found possible bug. Problem is in
chip detection via ISP (Vendor, part family and number) insite file
AvrDummy.c. Please check line 70:

    vendor_code = GetPartInfo(0);
    part_family = GetPartInfo(1);
    part_number = GetPartInfo(2);

    I found that uisp gets this 3 bytes using ISP to detect procesor
type. Problem is that there is used less than 8 bits for detection of
chip. Exactly 6 bits vendor_code, 7 for part_family and part_number.
Usualy all upper bits are set to 0 but I have kind of AT89S52 chip which
sets this bits to 1. It means that uisp doesn't recognize chip and
doesn't start flashing.

    I used this solution which works but I haven't tested it on others
chips.

    vendor_code = GetPartInfo(0) & 0x3f;
    part_family = GetPartInfo(1) & 0x7f;
    part_number = GetPartInfo(2) & 0x7f;