uracoli-devel

[uracoli-devel] Webpage generation now with scons.

From: Axel
Subject: [uracoli-devel] Webpage generation now with scons.
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 23:47:53 +0100

Hallo all,

I checked in a Sconstruct file in the top level directory of the web page
project.

Why move from make to scons?

The main reason was that I could not get the correct quoting of the
arguments in Windows. Another point is that there is no asciidoc executable
for Windows. The creation of a .BAT wrapper failed due to various argument
quoting issues, in fact under WIN you need to call
"python some/where/asciidoc.py".

The final reason for Scons is that the build of all pages can now realized in
the central SConstruct file, ensuring that the same xslfiles, stylesheets and
other parameters are used for all pages.

Building the pages the simple LINUX way is:
 - scons    # regeneration of files.
 - scons -c # for cleaning

Building the pages the harder WINDOWS way is:
 - scons adpath="c:\path\to\asciidoc.py"
 - scons adpath="c:\path\to\asciidoc.py" -c # for cleaning

You currently need to have asciidoc and xsltproc installed.

Please do not change manually files below "manual".
This directory holds the Doxygen copied files.
How this directory is updated is described
under http://uracoli.nongnu.org/README.htmldocs.txt

Cheers, Axel