users-prolog

linking gprolog libraries using GCC

From: Phillip Soltan
Subject: linking gprolog libraries using GCC
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 10:12:33 -0700

I was wondering if anyone else has tried using the "-c" option with "gplc" (gprolog) to generate object files that they later link with other object files from "gcc" to produce an executable. I would rather use "gcc" to produce the executable, rather than "gplc", because of the IDE I'm using. The problem I'm having is that I need "libengine_pl.a" and "libbips_pl.a", based on the functions I'm using, and they both have a duplicate function (Allocate) in them which causes an error at link time. I'm sure I'm missing something fairly basic, since "gplc" doesn't have any problem generating an executable, but I don't know what it is.

Thanks in Advance,

Phillip Soltan