users-prolog

Socket interface to Constraint Solver

From: Lars Frantzen
Subject: Socket interface to Constraint Solver
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 20:18:31 +0200

Dear List,

I was looking for a way to use the constraint solver of GNU Prolog
from Java applicatons. I have a (Java) tree representing basically a
constraint, and I want to solve this constraint via GNU Prolog.

At the end I wrote a little server in GNU Prolog which opens a socket
to do so. One can send a constraint encoded in a tree structure and
gets the first found solution back (for my application getting just
one solution is fine).

Comments are welcome, you can have a look here:
http://www.cs.ru.nl/~lf/tools/treesolver/

Cheers,
Lars