users-prolog

Re: Can I use GNU Prolog with Visual C++ 2008 Express?

From: Vic Bancroft
Subject: Re: Can I use GNU Prolog with Visual C++ 2008 Express?
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 04:37:50 -0500

John Small wrote:
One problem with using C++ 2008 Express is MS changed
the library name from LIBC to  LIBCP.
Ouch . . .
So if I try to compile

            gplc  hello_world.pl

Because various gprolog libraries refer to LIBC I get a linker error:

     LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'LIBC.lib'
     compilation failed.
Yes, you will need to update the link editor option to reflect the new name . . .
VC++ 2008 Express is the current free download compiler/linker.
Any chance of getting a gprolog Win32 auto-install setup compiled under
VC++ 2008 version?
You may be just the person to do it !

I am trying to twiddle the debian packaging so I can get a cross compiled version under scratch box to run on the arm processor for my n800 . . .

more,
l8r,

"The future is here. It's just not evenly distributed yet."
-- William Gibson, quoted by Whitfield Diffie