vcdimager-gui-devel

[VCDImager-GUI-devel] status of GUI projects / call for helpers

From: Herbert Valerio Riedel
Subject: [VCDImager-GUI-devel] status of GUI projects / call for helpers
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 16:35:39 +0200 (CEST)

hello

quite some time has passed, and nothing has been released although it was
planned too... i.e. the GUI has been available as vaporware only so far
:-(

there are two GUI projects officially supported so far; they are not meant
to fight against each other, but rather to complement and learn from each
other; by using the java VM and the python VM I expect/hope to cover as
much architectures as possible. Both projects are based on (more or less)
intepreted languages...

JAVA GUI (win32, macosx, unix/linux, ...)
due to the usual problems with sparetime projects, the java GUI project
has been shifting its release dates considerably;

the programmer in charge for the java GUI has told me, that is right now
beginning to do the actual coding; he also expressed the desire for people
to help him with the project;
so if you want the GUI to become usable earlier, you are invited to get
into contact with

Martin Santner <address@hidden>

PythonGTK GUI (linux)
the forwarded mails below concern a native linux/python based GUI;

this project aims at those systems which don't have the java runtime
available for some reason; the contact adresses are

Bob <address@hidden>
David <address@hidden>

--
Herbert Valerio Riedel       /    Phone: (EUROPE) +43-1-58801-18840
Email: address@hidden       /    Finger address@hidden for GnuPG Public Key