vcdimager-gui-devel

[VCDImager-GUI-devel] a suggestion for improving log output...

From: Herbert Valerio Riedel
Subject: [VCDImager-GUI-devel] a suggestion for improving log output...
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 18:40:32 +0200 (CEST)

I haven't had any chance yet to really test any of your GUIs yet, so I
know only what they look like from the screenshots I've seen...

when I implemented logging output, I planned to have a GUI replaced those
prefixes by small symbols, and doing some color highlighting to make
warnings, info's and debugging messages easier to distinguish...

another useful thing would be, to count the numbers of warnings/errors
and notify the user if there was any warning, while keeping quiet if there
was not...

oh, and btw, one thing to come may be some kind of meta-info for some of
the XML content, not specified by the DTD and the new dynamic image
commandline options for vcdxbuild...

stuff like

<options>
  <option name="relaxed aps" type="boolean" description="relaxed access
point sector constraints" />
  <option name="track pregap" type="integer[1..300]" description="set
    track pregap" />
</options>

<imagetypes>
  <image type="bincue">
    <imageoption name="bin" type="string" description="set filename of bin
file" />
    <imageoption name="cue" type="string" description="sef filename of cue
file" />
    <imageoption name="sector" type="set{2336,2352}" description="set image
sector type to use"
  </image>

  <image type="cdrdao">

Herbert Valerio Riedel       /    Phone: (EUROPE) +43-1-58801-18840
Email: address@hidden       /    Finger address@hidden for GnuPG Public Key
GnuPG Key Fingerprint: 7BB9 2D6C D485 CE64 4748  5F65 4981 E064 883F 4142